PORT ANGELES – There was a house fire Sunday in Port Angeles 1917 W. 18th Street.

Crews were dispatched at about 5:50pm to the one-story house to find smoke pouring from the eaves. Neighbors told firefighters they thought the building was unoccupied but weren’t completely sure.

The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes and a search of the house confirmed the residence was empty.

The fire is believed to have been caused from an overheated electrical circuit.

(Photo courtesy of Port Angeles Fire Facebook page.)