This is a new page hosted by RPI to share resources with Federal Workers affected by the government shutdown.
- Park View Villas offers free lunches to federal workers. Call 360-452-7222 or click HERE for full details.
- Jimmy John’s at 108 S Del Guzzi Dr. Port Angeles WA, 98362 is offering a 50% off discount to all federal employee’s entire order with showing of proper ID. This offer will remain valid from the time of this posting until the end of the Government shutdown.
- All Weather Heating & Cooling Inc. will currently offer credit for any repairs to an residential HVAC system for all Federal workers affected by the shut down. (With appropriate Federal ID) 302 Kemp Street Port Angeles, WA. 98362 360-452-9813, 360-452-5177 fax, allweatherhc.com
- Coast Guard To donate to the Coast Guard Chief Petty Officers Association (CPOA), go to https://squareup.com/store/
portangelescpoa. For a donation receipt with the CPOA tax ID number, send your mailing address to email@example.com or include address in customer notes section of your shopping cart. Donations are also accepted by personal check. They can be sent to Port Angeles CPOA, PO Box 632, Port Angeles WA 98362.
- Salvation Army The Salvation Army is located at 123 S. Peabody St., in Port Angeles will provide toys for children celebrating birthdays during the shutdown. Toys are available for infants to children 12 years old. Parents or guardians need to bring documentation — federal employee ID card, proof of residency in Clallam County and proof of the child’s birth date — to The Salvation Army during the month of their child’s birthday. The service is available at The Salvation Army’s social service/administrative building from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays. For more information, call 360-452-7679.
- Patricia’s Pet Shop in Port Angeles: “If anyone needs pet food or rodent food, we’ll make sure they’ll leave here with it,” said Donnie Honeycutt, manager. When they get paid they can pay us back.” 360-457-6919
- School district – Port AngelesThe Port Angeles School District is urging families affected by the partial federal government shutdown to apply for free and reduced meals. On the application, families can list their current financial status, said M. Patsene Dashiell, district spokeswoman. The district’s free/reduced meal application is located on the District website at www.portangelesschools.org under Departments, Food Services. For further assistance, contact Dashiell at pdashiell@portangelesschools.
org or 360-565-3703.
- The Farm’s Reach Cafe is offering a free 12-ounce drink to each federal employee who comes in, said Arianna Patterson, co-owner with her husband B.G., of the cafe at 8972 Beaver Valley Road. No proof of employment is necessary. It’s on the honor system, Patterson said.
- Trinity United Methodist Church in Sequim is extending a special welcome to federal employees and others affected by the partial shutdown, according to a press release, for their monthly dinner. The free dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, at the church, 100 S. Blake Ave. Reservations are required and may be made by calling the church at 360-683-5367 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday before the dinner or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The meal includes meatballs, mashed potatoes, vegetables, carrot-raisin salad, dessert and beverages. The church presents the dinners on the last Thursday of each month.
- Bike Garage is offering free labor on all bike repairs for Federal employees during the shutdown. Call 360-504-2040
- Aflac Incorporated announced today that it is offering a grace period for premium payments from policyholders employed by the federal government who are not receiving pay during the government shutdown. This grace period will extend until payroll resumes for these government employees. Eligible policyholders may inquire about the grace period online at www.aflac.com or by calling 888-515-1941
- Safeway on Lincoln has a food box available for coast guard families. Toilet paper & diaper donations are needed. Safe & easy location. Due your shopping & donate a can of food
- Costco is accepting donations purchased at Costco. Bulk supplies for helping multiple families
- Sandy’s Family Hair Care of Port Angeles – Every Saturday (until the shutdown is over) Sandy’s will be hosting a food drive. $5.00 off your total payment in exchange for your caned/dry food donation. Get out those paper bags, fill it and bring it for a discount benefiting a worthy cause
- Port Angeles Pet Posse – If you are a Coast Guard member who has been effected by the government shutdown, and are in need of pet food, or litter, small animal food and hay, please call! We will help until our reserves run out…NO CHARGE! We are happy to help. 360-775-5154. We thank you for your service
- Navel Elks Lodge (1st and Lincoln in Port Angeles) – BIG pasta feed for Federal Employees and their families on February 2nd. You do not need to be a member to attend, we care about our community. Come down and have a meal on us, no charge for you. February 2nd, from 5-7:30. Doors open at 4:30
- Saars Super Saver Foods in Port Angeles – Coast Guard service members have access to a charge account. See manager there for details. 360-207-8010
- The Empossible Eden Café – To all Coast Guard families in Clallam County…you are welcome to come on down and enjoy a meal on us during this government shut down.
- Port Angeles Food Bank is open to all workers affected by the Federal Shutdown. Distribution is MWF 1:00-3:30. 402 S. Valley Street 360-452-8568
- OlyPen is offering a free month of Internet access to those affected. 360-683-1456
- Current Caliber Home Loans customers – if you are experiencing hardship due to the government shutdown, please reach out to us, we are offering several options! You may qualify for payment assistance options to ease your financial burden during this time. Call LOCALLY 360-808-1700 to learn more.
- Banks: These are the local banks are offering assistance to Federal Workers. 1st Security Bank
Sequim – 360-683-1988
Port Angeles – 360-457-2747
Sequim Village – 360-683-7935
Sequim Avenue – 360-683-3886
Port Angeles East Side – 360-417-3150
Port Angeles 6th Street – 360-457-0461
Sequim – 360-683-7924
Port Angeles – 360-452-4554
Sequim – 360-683-5599
Port Angeles – 360-457-8189
Sequim – 360-683-7242
Port Angeles – 360-452-8981
Sound Community Bank
Sequim – 360-683-2818
Port Angeles – 360-452-4624
Sequim – 360-683-3366
Port Angeles – 360-457-1183
Sequim – 360-683-1166
Port Angeles – 360-457-1164